I received the Life is Good blog award from Ruthi. I had to smile about this when I saw it because ironically I have spent the last few days fighting a sinus infection! I have barely been online at all. I am sure Ruthi was wondering if I was even going to accept the award! LOL
Anyways today I am back up and around. It was the first day of college winter quarter. I headed over for my Monday chemistry lab. Still coughing a little and not in top form I left an hour early hoping to get a close parking space. NOPE - had to park a 12 minute walk from class. We got there and sat for 20 minutes to find out the labs are all cancelled the first week of class and that was the only class I had today so I walked the 12 minutes back to my car and headed home. Hey at least I remembered where I parked right?
Here are the things you have to do when you receive this award:
1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions.
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award.
Thank you Ruthi - Even though I whine a lot life really is good. I have a sense of humor about it and really do enjoy some of the smaller things about it. I feel I am blessed. Now to answer the survey questions:
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I might have an anonymous blog too but if I told you about it than it wouldn't be anonymous anymore would it? LOL I do like blogging as myself though. Sometimes I do censor things to protect the guilty.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Once when I was little my Mom grounded me for a week. I kept saying "I don't care" and the week ended up going over a month. I missed out on a lot of really fun things because of my big mouth and my refusal to shut up.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Pretty eyes, a nice smile and a woman who is getting older and has a weird haircut but is still attractive for her age and her weight.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Ice water preferrably Propel
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
I love to take a bubble bath with a nice long book to read while I am in there.
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
I want to achieve my doctorate degree in psychology and help children with ADHD and their families. I also want to have my book published.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I was the band geek. And one time at band camp....
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
When my daughter was born and I held her in my arms and saw her for the very first time and told her how much I love her and how beautiful she is.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I am comfortable sharing anything. Nothing is offlimits for me. I do edit sometimes to be tactful but not always. Depends on my mood. Sometimes I lay it all out there and let the cards fall where they may. I don't try to hurt people though. I mainly try to make people laugh. If baring my soul and past stupidities achieves that - well - all the better.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I love to read - reading would be my choice. Getting lost in the pages of a good book with great characters is the best.
Now I am passing this on to :
Loadnabox for his heartfelt blog about the birth of his child and his playful and intelligently thought out birth announcement. He is going to be an awesome dad.
Midlife Mommy for the journey she is on in her life right now figuring things out as a single parent raising a daughter. I have been there.
Opto-Mom because I love to make people laugh and of course I also love people who make me laugh and this lady does it every time. Her post about the shoplifting ladies had me in tears and she is consistently funny with her point of view on things. Check her out.
Happy new year to everyone - hope everyone else had a better start to theirs. I am happy mine started off low - sick, and awful though - nowhere to go but up right?
Life really is good. :)